Goldrush Campground will be operating for the season effective May 16, 2021 through to mid-September, subject to weather conditions permitting.
At this time Yukon and Canadian residents and others meeting the Public Health Restrictions announced May 21, 2021 wishing to reserve and occupy sites at the campground in Dawson City will be free to do so.
On July 19, 2021 the Federal Government announced easing of border restrictions with the U.S.
Effective 12:01 AM EDT, August 9, 2021, fully vaccinated citizens and permanent residents of the United States currently residing in the U.S. will be permitted to enter Canada for non-essential (tourist) travel. Entry to Canada will continue to be prohibited for U.S. travellers who are not fully vaccinated and for all other foreign nationals, unless they already meet an exemption set out in the Orders made under the Quarantine Act.
On September 7, 2021, provided that Canada’s COVID-19 epidemiology remains favourable, the Government also intends to open Canada’s borders for discretionary travel by travellers from any country who have been fully vaccinated with Government of Canada accepted vaccines at least 14 days prior to entering Canada and who meet specific entry requirements.
Please refer to the Government of Canada requirements in their news release of July 19, 2021
To that end we wish to advise
- Please continue to wear your mask while you are in the office, washroom, or laundry
- RV Sites will be restricted to promote safe distancing where appropriate, but may now allow side by side spacing for persons in a family “bubble”.
- No non-registered guests – no large gatherings on site
- Access to washrooms will be restricted to safe occupant load
- Access to laundry will be restricted to safe occupant load and safe distancing
- Reserved times to book washing/drying may be instituted to prevent bunching in the laundry room. Machine availability will be reduced
- Use our facilities with a view to site safety and cleanliness, please do not splash water in washrooms, and clean up after yourself
- Visitors to the campground in RV’s should attempt to be self-sufficient ( please use your own on-board washing and toilet facilities)
- Tent site availability may be limited- family bubbles can now occupy adjacent sites
- Do not attempt to register if you are unwell
We will continue to work within restrictions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and want to assure our guests we are following directives from all levels of Public Health Authorities and Government Agencies, and standards recommended by Campground and RV Councils and Associations.
Rules and recommendations are in a constant state of flux as the effects of the virus are dealt with, and additional restrictions may be required to limit unwanted contact between guests. We will post these as determined, and site specific restrictions will be available at Goldrush for those accessing our services.
Pat & Dianne Brooks
Goldrush Campground and RV Park.