The Mayor and some Members of Council have advised that they wish to cancel the current lease with Goldrush Campground with 7 years remaining.
Gold Rush has been the campground of choice for 15,000 to 16,000 visitors each season as it is located in the centre of Dawson City, and as such, allows our guests to walk to and access, most of the historical venues and tours, Diamond Tooth Gerties Dancehall and Casino, restaurants, gift shops, grocery stores and services, etc., without the need for a vehicle once they are in place in the campground.
Goldrush Campground, the Klondike Visitors Association, the Chamber of Commerce, the Yukon TIA Tourist Organization, and many merchants and residents in Dawson City are extremely concerned with the potential loss of this major economic driver of the tourist economy. All are opposing the Mayor and those members of Council who have stated their intention to close Gold Rush at the end of the 2021 season.
If you are concerned with the loss of this important location for visitors to Dawson City and wish to state your position, the following are those people who need to hear your opinion:
- Mayor email@example.com
- Councillor firstname.lastname@example.org
- Councillor email@example.com
- Councillor firstname.lastname@example.org
- Councillor email@example.com
- MLA firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tourism Minister email@example.com
- Community Services Minister firstname.lastname@example.org
- Klondike Visitors Association KVA@dawson.net
- Tourism Industry of the Yukon email@example.com